Spent the day in a dark studio cubicle near Smithfield answering questions from local radio about our Bordeaux wine voyage. Mark helped for a while but left early to catch the tide as Irene leaves Ramsgate on her last leg up the Thames. Sadly I have a Board Meeting! And I'm too old and stiff to run off and be a stowaway.
Tomorrow afternoon Tower Bridge will be raised at 1.15 as the beautiful ship Irene sails under. Be sure to watch if you are near. Give a cheer. I wrote and asked Boris for a salute but he may be busy.
Deliriously happy to hear when I got home that my boy Henry today won a Gold medal in the International Wine Challenge for his Chateau Verniotte 2008. Henry has won a few Silvers but this is the first Gold … and that's the hardest place to win it.
(His younger brother Will was runner-up Beer of Show with his Loose Cannon 'Abingdon Bridge' at his first try at the Reading Real Ale Festival. Family rivalry should ensure they both keep on striving!)
The whole of Laithwaites Wine has done excessively well in this week’s wine awards, taking this year's total over the 400 mark ... DESTROYING our previous best medal tally of 285!
So … proud Dad. And proud Chairman.
No comments:
Post a Comment