There are weeks when I don't really do much wine stuff. And this is one of them... am struggling a bit doing a daily wine diary/blog.
Please be patient.
Yesterday I just knocked around London; the Arch and my Club!!!
The RAC. Not the breakdown service but the huge building with swimming pool in Pall Mall.
My dear father found this place after the war, just near where he worked. It had, then, about four Members and he could go for the perfect lunch; scotch and soda, rare beef sandwich, big armchair, and no-one at all to bother him.
If he had to take his boy he just dumped him in the swimming pool. The boy still loves the place even if it is now far too full of people.
Not been for years though, but will again soon, because the Pacherenc and Gevrey Chambertin Simon and I had showed that someone really good is now doing the wines there.
Writing day today. Boring! But tomorrow; all action. We've seventy five of our best wine producers coming to a conference in London and I am to address them on 'How to Sell Wine' or something. Should be a laugh.
Visit laithwaites.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment