This will be of limited interest to most of the UK but yesterday I rediscovered the great new Farm Shop between Theale and Pangbourne. And I was really delighted to be shown round by Anne who used to run our Wine Bar in Theale.
I still miss the old Wine Bar - it was my office really, an office with coffee, wine and food on tap, and a very entertaining clientele - but.. it had to go. It was a far too expensive office.
But as a total enthusiast for farm shops I'll be calling into Fielders shop regularly.
If Anne just starts serving coffee too...
The local beef is so local much of it was stood in the field next door giving us funny looks. So a touch of guilt, but what a wonderful piece of Sirloin last night.
Visit laithwaites.co.uk
Will have to drop in and have a look at the farm shop. I work in Theale and miss the wine bar too :(
ReplyDelete