Glos cellars gone to warp speed. Which is quite a sight to behold. But they are a mad lot. Today in fancy dress they are doing it. Young people eh?
In Cheltenham on other business, we called in on the Laithwaites tasting at the Pump Room last night. Noisy and enthusiastic. We now encourage our volunteers manning the stands to choose the wines THEY want to show. So you are now seeing normally quiet, reserved young chaps getting all passionate and excited... waving arms about....almost becoming French. It’s a good move.
I did a solo stand-up performance at Virginia Water shop the night before. Such a quiet audience, there. Enthusiastic but quiet. They overdid the respectful listening. So I overran by an hour. (I can talk about wine nonstop for days if allowed...world class winebore, me).
Just a smattering of snow. Wasn't I lucky I'd done Orpington the week before? Be stuck in a snowdrift this week.
Henry's Bordeaux trip was a nightmare. Gatwick shut, Southampton shut, so decides to drive .. And the Eurostar gets stuck in The Tunnel!
Visit laithwaites.co.uk
No comments:
Post a Comment